SIXTEENmm attempts to take privacy seriously, and exceeds minimum standards for most nations around the world.
To put it simply, your data is your data: If we don't need it to handle some function, we don't collect it.
We do not share any of this information with any third parties, except when handling payments.
So What do we collect?
- Your email address, encrypted. This is only used to help you when you forget your password, for the contact form, and when you either sign up or leave.
- A hash of your username - not your actual username.
- A hash of your password - not your actual password.
- Billing details, required by local laws and regulation, stored in an encrypted format.
- A list of categories that you have favourited. We don't store a history of this. If you unfavourite, we no longer know.
- A list of categories that you have blacklisted. We don't store a history of this. If you unblacklist, we no longer know.
- A list of films that you have watched. You can clear this from the Settings page at any time.
- A list of films that you want to watch later. You can clear this from the Settings page at any time.
When you delete your account, we delete your account for real. Whilst your data may remain in our backup system, it will only remain there for a maximum of 60 days after which it will be purged. Billing information may be kept longer to comply with local laws and regulations.
If you have any concerns, you can download your data from the whoami page at any time.
Check the Settings page to see what you can change.