New Features - Blog2020-01-06
We recently implemented a few new features.
They've been running, and we've been using them personally, but brobably about time we had a run down.
When a video in a series reaches the end of the credits, if there is a next video in sequence, then it will go to that page.
If you don't want to autoplay next - there's a tickbox below the video, next to the other controls. Untick it, and your preference will be remembered across the site.
If you have autoplay enabled, then the video should start playing straight away.
In this way, we can now binge watch. Trust me - I have been.
If you have JS enabled, this won't jump to the next video.
If you have localStorage disabled, it won't remember your preference. Your preference is never transmitted to us.
Below a playing video, you'll now find a series of keyboard shortcuts for navigating the video.
Up/down arrows to control volume. (This is a global setting, across the site.)
Left/right arrows skip by 10 second increments.
The 'm' key toggles mute.
The 'f' key enables fullscreen. (Your browser will control exiting fullscreen - probably the Escape key).
Note: For mobile users, we haven't implemented any shortcuts. Your browser probably already has decent controls for videos embedded in a webpage. We don't want to screw around with unintuitive swipes if we'll break stuff.
All these shortcuts require JS to be enabled.
Volume recall requires that localStorage to be enabled. The preference is never transmitted to us.
Have you noticed the site is faster? Along with the above user-side features, we've implemented a ton of performance enhancements.
- 2020-06-26 Gunsmith Hits HD
- 2020-06-11 Creating Something From Nothing
- 2020-03-18 Filmscope Progress
- 2020-03-10 2019 Releases
- 2020-03-05 Downtime Postmortem
- 2020-02-12 Temporary Signup Problems
- 2020-02-12 Statistics
- 2020-02-01 Search Regression
- 2020-02-01 High Load DDoS Attack
- 2020-01-30 The Phantom reCreeps
- 2020-01-25 Simple is Best
- 2020-01-06 New Features
- 2020-01-04 Displaying Credit
- 2019-12-29 Performance Enhancements
- 2019-12-18 Experimental Rendering
- 2019-12-10 MPV Support
- 2019-12-03 Introducing Filmscope
- 2019-11-21 DDoS Attack
- 2019-11-20 Security Report
- 2019-11-20 Report
- 2019-10-21 The World of Preservation
- 2019-10-15 Endless Battle For Quality
- 2019-10-06 Giving Back
- 2019-10-02 What's in a Cookie?
- 2019-10-01 PGP
- 2019-09-28 SIXTEENmm