Displaying Credit - Blog2020-01-04
There's been some recent discussion around streaming services, and displaying the end credits of series.
Most don't. They skip them, for their users convenience. Which may skip any post-credit scenes (which may actually have episodic impact for some anime).
We do have an autoplay next feature (which you can switch on/off without needing to dive into any settings), so it makes sense to have this discussion as well.
To put it simply: We display credits.
This gives credit to the original artists, and avoids any problems with post-credit scenes that might get missed.
We could have made this a user-toggle. So you could turn the feature on if you really wanted it. However, that seems like a lot of work (recording credit timings for currently 366 films) for behaviour we're not entirely sure we should encourage.
If a user wants to skip it, they already have two easy ways of doing:
- Hit the "Next Episode" link
- Use the right-arrow to advance to the end of the video
That seems like enough of a compromise.
If this is a feature you would really like to see - then let us know that we're wrong. If enough people ask, then we'll consider implementing it.
For now, the story is a firm "no".
- 2020-06-26 Gunsmith Hits HD
- 2020-06-11 Creating Something From Nothing
- 2020-03-18 Filmscope Progress
- 2020-03-10 2019 Releases
- 2020-03-05 Downtime Postmortem
- 2020-02-12 Temporary Signup Problems
- 2020-02-12 Statistics
- 2020-02-01 Search Regression
- 2020-02-01 High Load DDoS Attack
- 2020-01-30 The Phantom reCreeps
- 2020-01-25 Simple is Best
- 2020-01-06 New Features
- 2020-01-04 Displaying Credit
- 2019-12-29 Performance Enhancements
- 2019-12-18 Experimental Rendering
- 2019-12-10 MPV Support
- 2019-12-03 Introducing Filmscope
- 2019-11-21 DDoS Attack
- 2019-11-20 Security Report
- 2019-11-20 Report
- 2019-10-21 The World of Preservation
- 2019-10-15 Endless Battle For Quality
- 2019-10-06 Giving Back
- 2019-10-02 What's in a Cookie?
- 2019-10-01 PGP
- 2019-09-28 SIXTEENmm